ACDR News and Highlights
Since 1994, we have been the state office of dispute resolution for Alabama. At the Center, we work with the courts, the Alabama State Bar, state agencies, schools, community mediation initiatives, and businesses to promote early and peaceful resolution of disputes. The Center serves as the administrative arm of the Alabama Supreme Court Commission on Dispute Resolution.
News for Alabama Neutrals
The 2017 2nd Quarter newsletter is online.
In this issue:
- Center Welcomes Eileen Harris
- Better Business Bureau Seeking Arbitrators
- Training Opportunities
- Family Mediation Program Statistics
- Alabama Neutral Activities
- Honoring Exec Dir Judy Keegan
Parents are Forever Family Mediation Program
This program is a collaboration of the Supreme Court of Alabama and the Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution. It provides families with free family mediation when there are children, a family income under $60,000, and the judge orders parents to mediate a parenting and financial plan for their family.
It's a Win-Win program...
- Parents get help mediating a parenting plan and resolving other divorce issues.
- The Center reimburses the mediator.
Is your county offering this program yet?
Court Year October 2016–June 2017
79 mediations, 52 agreements, 65.8% settlement rate
Average Family income: $42,914;
Children benefited: 124
Pro bono time given by mediators: 96.28 hours
- More information and 2017 statistics on the Family Mediation page -